At Kruze, we want to make sure we are a valuable resource to startups’ founders, as they attempt to grow their businesses and take on the world! One of the ways we do this is through our Startup Accounting Q&A. If you haven’t already visited it, check it out and see if any of your burning accounting questions have been answered!
Here are some of the top startup accounting Q&A topics:
Top Startups Accounting Q&A
- What happens if the IRS audits me and I do not have the receipt for an expense (assuming it was a legitimate expense)? Find out if the IRS is ok with you deducting your yoga pants without a receipt!
- What does a US based company need to do to comply with IRS regulations in paying foreign contractors? Should you be withholding?
- How should convertible note financing be handled on the balance sheet? Includes a shout out to SAFE notes.
- For startups incorporating in Delaware, what firms are good registered agents to use? Incorporating in “The First State?” Here are some quick tips on how to do it. Go Blue Hens!
- What accounting software do startups utilize? Which programs are best suited for start-ups? QuickBooks? Xero? NetSuite? Something else? Your burning accounting software question - answered!
- What is a sample chart of accounts for SaaS companies? The goal of the Chart of Accounts is to get the accounts to track to the appropriate location on the financial statements.
We hope that you find our Q&A section helpful, and remember - you can always ask us questions on our site or tag Vanessa Kruze on Quora if you have other accounting queries you need help with.