Happy New Year Startups! Concerned about your 2016 Tax Deadlines? We’ve done the work for you with this complete 2016 Tax Compliance Calendar. We have added three new features this year that will make your life even easier:
- Links to forms and resources that will give you more information on these filings.
- PDF downloads that you can print out for easy reference.
- Metro specific Tax Compliance Calendars for San Francisco, New York City, Palo Alto, and Santa Monica.
2016 Tax Compliance Calendar for San Francisco Startups
- Jan 31: Send 1099’s to Contractors. Send W2’s to Employees.
- Feb 28: SF Payroll Tax and Gross Receipts Tax for 2015 filing and payment due. Pay ~1.25% of 2015 SF Payroll.
- Mar 1: Delaware Annual Report filing due: Pay a min. of $400. +More if you have significant funding.
- Mar 15: C Corp Form 1120 Tax Return due. Can extend to Sept 15.
- Mar 31: Send IRS ACA 1095-C to Employees.
- Mar 31: 1099’s and W2’s must be e-filed with the IRS by this due date.
- Apr 1: SF 571-L Business Property Tax filing due. Initial date.
- Apr 15: CA Franchise Tax due. Pay $800.
- Apr 30: SF Payroll Tax & Gross Receipts Quarterly payment due. Pay ~1.125% of Q1 2016 SF Payroll.
- May 7: SF 571-L Business Property Tax filing due. Final date.
- May 31: SF Business Registration Renewal filing due. Payment calc’ed on Gross Receipts.
- May 31: IRS ACA Compliance 1094-C filing is due (if not e-filing).
- Jun 30: IRS ACA Compliance 1095-C filing is due (if not e-filing).
- Jul 31: SF Payroll Tax & Gross Receipts Quarterly payment due. Pay ~1.125% of Q2 2016 SF Payroll.
- Aug 31: SF 571-L Business Property Tax due. Pay ~1.1743% of Taxable Business Property.
- Sep 15: C Corp Form 1120 Tax Return final due date if extension was filed.
- Oct 31: SF Payroll Tax & Gross Receipts Quarterly payment due. Pay ~1.125% of Q3 2016 SF Payroll.
- Rolling: CA Statement of Information due. Pay $25.
*Every startup is different and so are its tax compliance needs. This is only a guideline. Please consult your tax professional.
_IRS Circular 230 Disclaimer: To ensure compliance with IRS Circular 230, any U.S. federal tax advice provided in this communication is not intended or written to be used, and it cannot be used by the recipient or any other taxpayer for the purpose of avoiding tax penalties that may be imposed on the recipient or any other taxpayer._