I’m a CPA/interim CFO for 200+ startups and we work will Bill.com every hour of the day. I always recommend Bill.com because:
- It eliminates paper. Who wants to print checks, save old bills, and file them in clunky cabinets? Not me.
- It allows you to pay bills from anywhere. I’ve paid an NYC startup’s bills from Rome and a Palo Alto startup’s bills from the backseat of a Lyft. That kind of freedom alone is worth every penny of Bill.com’s subscription price.
- It syncs with QuickBooks and Xero. Enter it once in Bill.com and it electronically relays over to your accounting software.
- Multi-level users. Our bookkeepers enter the bills but only I can pay the bills. The CEO can log in at any time and view/make comments on bills. Bill.com reduces email and communication friction.
- It keeps vendors in the loop. Vendors automatically get an email when their bill is paid and are notified of the delivery/deposit date. This eliminates those pesky “Yes, the check is in the mail” emails.
**So what are the drawbacks? The QB sync is critical. If it breaks (which is rare, we’re talking 5% chance), you’ll be spending some time with customer support. ** That said, I still recommend Bill.com to all of my clients.
Contact Us for a Free Consultation