Q&A icon

Startup Q&A

Back to questions

When does a Delaware C Corporation need to file a tax return?

Vanessa Kruze Kruze Consulting

Vanessa Kruze

CEO and Founder of Kruze Consulting

I’m a CPA, Deloitte Tax alum, and I personally prepare 150+ DE C Corp tax returns a year.

You will need to file your DE C Corp tax return by 4/15 every year. You can also go on federal extension to 10/15. State extensions vary. If you’re running at a loss, its better to go on extension so that you have more time to review the previous year’s financials. I’ve seen plenty of startups rush to get their taxes in by 4/15, only to discover a few months later that they need to add in a few expense reimbursements for the founders. Then we have to do an amended return.

Measure twice, cut once!

***Also note that DE C Corps have to file the DE Annual Fee by 2/28 every year. This is a calc driven off of your cap table and assets, and is typically between $400-$4000 for a seed / Series A startup.

Contact Us for a Free Consultation

Looks good!
Please provide your full name
Looks good!
Please provide company name
Looks good!
Please provide valid phone number
Looks good!
Please provide valid email
Please enter a message.
Looks good!
$250M+ VC Funding Raised
I had a great experience working with Kruze Consulting when we raised Series A. They know what VCs need to see, and how to present a startup’s books and finances. If you are going to raise venture capital, you need experts like Kruze.
Chris Mansi Viz AI

Chris Mansi

CEO @ Viz.ai

  Talk to a leading startup CPA