Startup Accounting and Accountants: Under which cost bucket does the IRS classify Search Engine Optimization?

View this question on Quora
Kruze Consulting Startup Q&A Author
Vanessa Kruze Founder, CPA

“Advertising” or “Marketing” if its a large Corporation, or “Professional Services” if you hired an independent contractor. Or you can list it out on Form 1120, line 26, as “Other Deductions” where you can attach a statement as specifically type out “Search Engine Optimization.”

Either way is OK, is it wont change your tax liability.

Back to questions

Want valuable startup information delivered straight to your inbox?

Thank you!

Your email has been added to the list.