Unfortunately for startups in the United States, tax deadlines aren’t just in the spring. Beyond the April 15th deadline (it was actually April 17th in 2018), here are SOME of the other deadlines your startup needs to be aware of in the third quarter. Note that your startup may have specific deadlines based on your particular location or situation, so you should consult with your tax professional to make sure you are prepared for all the upcoming tax deadlines in Q3. And you can learn more on our startup tax deadline calendars for your location - we have ones for Austin, New York City, Palo Alto, San Francisco, Santa Monica, Seattle and Washington DC.
Q3 2018 Startup Tax Deadlines
SEPT 1: Delaware Quarterly Estimated Franchise Tax, Pay 20% of estimated annual amount (if annual amount expected to exceed $5,000)
Q3 2018 Tax Deadlines for San Francisco Startups
- AUG 31: SF 571-L Business Property Tax due.
Q3 2018 Tax Deadlines for Santa Monica Startups
- JUL 1: Annual City of Santa Monica Business Registration filing due. Payment due on Gross Receipts.
Q3 2018 Tax Deadlines for New York Startups
- JUL 31: Quarterly NY State Payroll Taxes Form NYS-45 due.
- SEPT 17: NY and NYC estimated tax payment due.
Q3 2018 Tax Deadlines for Seattle Startups
- JUL 31: Seattle Q2 2018 Business License Tax for Quarterly Filers.
- JUL 31: Washington Q2 2018 Excise Tax Return due.
- JUL 31: Washington Q2 2018 State Fund Quarterly Report (Payroll Tax)
Q3 2018 Tax Deadlines for Washington DC Startups
- SEP 15: Payment for the second half of the Real Property Tax Bill is due.
- SEP 17: Q3 2018 DC Estimated Tax Form D-20ES due.
Remember, 2018 has new tax laws. You can read about how these new tax laws might impact your startup here. And missing tax deadlines can have major consequences - the fines can be thousands of dollars. Find out how much a startup tax return costs using Kruze Consulting’s Tax Preparation Pricing Tool.
Finally - if you filed an extension - your Federal & State Income Tax Returns are due in October and don’t forget about your 2017 R&D Tax Credit too.
Update: Our 2019 tax deadlines are now live, including our C-Corp tax deadline calendar.
Every startup is different and so are its tax compliance needs. This is only a guideline. Please consult your tax professional. IRS Circular 230 Disclaimer: To ensure compliance with IRS Circular 230, any U.S. federal tax advice provided in this communication is not intended or written to be used, and it cannot be used by the recipient or any other taxpayer for the purpose of avoiding tax penalties that may be imposed on the recipient or any other taxpayer. Copyright © Kruze Consulting